Just 700 meters from the Shaolin Temple, is the Wushu House, a 26,000 square meter Kungfu exhibition center and training complex. Young students, from pre-kindegarten onwards, come here to sleep, eat and train daily. I was lucky enough to see students practicing for an upcoming performance at an off-site lot. What I like most about this picture are the young martial artist’s expressions. The smallest and most serious, was also featured most prominently in the performance.
Welcome to Passport Chronicles
My name is Andrew, but you can call me Drew (I think we should interact on a more personal level, on a German "du" basis if you will). I rack my brain for the best travel experiences, scour the internet for travel inspiration and help you plan your next unforgettable vacation.
Subscribe for Updates
Never miss a blog post again
- My Dante Year
- 10 Adventurous Tourist Attractions in China
- 101 Travel Experiences in China
- Walking the Plank Road in the Sky: A Lesson in Overcoming Fear
- Inspire me! Top travel bloggers share their most inspiring travel destinations.
- The mostly overlooked, but greatly underestimated Mount Heng
- 14 Things to do in Istanbul to Unlock her Charm
- 37 Things Backpacking has taught me to be grateful for
- How to eat Scorpion in Beijing
- Inside the Mountain that Eats Men: A Photo Tour of the Potosi mines